I have volunteered at several events for BBC Children’s over the last few years, and each one of them has been an honour to be a part of.
- I helped CBBC with the launch of the Lowry’s exhibition ‘Here’s One We Made Earlier’ on July 19, 2014, which explored the story of over 90-years of children’s broadcasting from 1992 to today.
- This involved helping the children with arts and crafts, dressing up as a pirate and coordinating and assisting kids while they played outdoor ‘Swashbuckle‘ games.
- I volunteered to be an Elf in March 2015 (yes, out of season), at CBeebies’s ‘Dancing Beebies’ event at the Trinity Leeds shopping centre.
- I helped coordinate the event, navigated families between different zones, rewarded children with stickers after they completed each zone and assisted with arts and crafts.
Watch the video below of the event and see if you can see me dancing while dressed as an Elf!
CBBC Summer Sportarama
- I volunteered during the two day CBBC Summer Sportarama event in August 2015. This was incredibly fun to be a part of and one that required a LOT of energy!
- I worked in the Shaun the Sheep zone, helping the kids with egg and spoon races, sack racing, and clay modelling over and over again. It’s safe to say that the Haribo sweets were not just eaten by the kids!
- On the final day, I helped the BBC Get Inspired team give out medals to children and assisted with the photography of the children with a trophy on the podium. I also was in charge of introducing the kids to Blue Peter presenter Lindsay Russell.
CBBC Awesome Authors
- In July 2016, I volunteered at the CBBC Awesome Authors event in Birmingham. An event hosted by the BBC to encourage more children to read for fun. I worked with the BBC Stepping Out team in the CBeebies zone, where I helped with audience control, arts and craft activities, looking after talent & ensuring the tent was clean and tidy. The weekend involved working with lots and lots of GLITTER!